MCDC will be closed from March 16 to April 17
We sent an email to all our families regarding school closures and procedures regarding COVID-19. Please send us an email at [email protected] to be added to our email list.
Talking to Children about COVID-19, A Parent Resource
Here is a list of frequently asked questions by our parents and our response to their questions:
· What is the school doing to clean and sanitize?
Aside from our everyday cleaning and disinfecting, the staff are wiping down all tables with Lysol Wipes or Lysol Rinse Free before the students eat snacks or lunch. Surfaces, counters, and highly touched areas are wiped down. Bathrooms are sprayed with Lysol throughout the day. Handwashing is encouraged throughout.
Thank you to Olivia’s dad, Craig Bledsoe for installing a RX protection film on our computer touchscreen to help resist growth of microbes on surface.
· What is the MCDC doing to coordinate response and actions to the COVID-19?
We receive guidance from the Ocean View School District in regards to District updates. We also receive updates from all local, state, and county health and educational officials to monitor the latest development and coordinate our local efforts. We will follow recommendations listed under the scenario and inform families of any changes. We received further guidance on social distancing. Currently, our Elementary Science Fair, field trips, and Sacramento field trip has been postponed or canceled. The goal of this recommendation is to prevent people physically coming together unnecessarily. This recommendation does not apply to activities such as attendance at regular school classes, work or essential services.
We have put a hold on visitations and tours from prospective parents.
· Others schools are closing. Is the MCDC closing next week?
As of today, the OVSD and OC Department of Education announced school closures effective Monday March 16 to 27.
· Will there be online classes available for the elementary class?
The teachers are preparing workplans now in the event that school closure is mandated. We will ensure that each student has plenty of work to keep them occupied.
· Will parents still be charged tuition if the school is closed?
Tuition will still be due each month as we plan to pay our staff salaries and operating costs during any ordered school closures. Tuition for the month of April will be due on the March 30. To cover the days we are out, the school is switching our spring break scheduled in April and add another week at the end of the school year. More details to follow.
· Is there a change in the school calendar?
Since we are closing for two weeks, we are changing our Spring Break schedule to March 16 to the 20th. We are adding an extra week at the end of the school year. More details to follow.
MCDC will continue to monitor this situation and follow through recommendations by the Health Department, Department of Education, and Ocean View School District. We will continue to maintain proper measures to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff remain our utmost priority. This is an evolving situation and we will continue to follow the OC Health Care Agency, OCDE, and CDPH on a daily basis for updates in our Country, so we can respond as quickly and efficiently as possible to changing conditions with this virus.
FLU SEASON INFORMATION AND PREVENTION
- Students who are sick should stay home from school and avoid other people until they are fever free for 24 hours and symptoms of illness are no longer present.
- Please keep students home if they have a fever above 100.0
- Inform the school if your child sick or has the flu.
- Before returning to school, the fever should have been controlled without the aid of medicines like aspirin, Tylenol, etc
- Students should wash hands often with soap and water.
- Students should cover their coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing and sneezing into the inside of the elbow.
- Students should stay at least three feet away from people who are sick.
FREE CHILDREN'S CLINIC
- Physical Exams and Immunizations for Children Teens for school and sports
- Dental and Optometry Referrals
- Hearing and Vision Screenings
Santa Ana Children's Clinic
1725 W 17th Street
Santa Ana, CA 92706